Foot and Ankle Surgery
Constantly bearing our weight and subjected to every step we take, not to mention the sports we might play, it is little wonder that our ankles and feet often suffer as we get older. The foot has 26 bones, 33 joints and more than 100 ligaments which work together to keep you stable and moving, and if there is a problem with any of these, they can seriously affect your mobility. And whatever age you are, problems can occur.
Our foot and ankle injury specialist Dr Criswell can treat a wide range of foot and ankle problems, including:
- Ankle sprains and fracture, chronic or acute foot and ankle pain.
- Achilles tendonitis and tears.
- Fractures and dislocations of the foot.
- Sports injuries of the foot and ankle.
- Arthroscopy of the foot and ankle.
- Joint replacement for ankle conditions.
- Osteoarthritis and inflammatory joint arthritis in the foot or ankle.
- Deformities of the foot and ankle, flat-foot, high-arch, congenital or acquired.
- Bunion, hammer toe and claw deformities.
- Deformity correction with Ilizarov external fixation.